Pages

09 October 2015

Release Tour ~ Another At Bat by Lyssa Layne


Another At Bat
by Lyssa Layne

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Content Warning: Some adult content



Pitcher Jace Richards had it all. Fame, status, money, and the perfect girl but it wasn't enough. Unable to curb his gambling addiction, he lost everything. Now banned from the MLB, he's struggling to get his feet back on the ground. 

Laurel Darbis is the mom to ten-year-old Grey. Her son is her world and she'd do anything for him, including putting up with her cheating ex-husband, Adam. He doesn't make things easy on her but with her friends and family by her side, she has a strong support system to help her deal with his petty drama. 

Grey is about to start baseball with his friends but their coach backs out at the last minute. All of the parents are thrilled when the new coach arrives, everyone except Laurel. 

Can the former bad boy tame his ways for the sake of his players? Will the protective mother let down her guard? Either way, no one will ever expect what happens when the two match up.




“Whatever, Ash. You know the chances of me dating are non-existent, especially a jerk like him.” I nod toward the field where Jace stands on the pitching mound, the kids filling in the other positions around him. We turn our attention back to the hottie in the center of the infield. 

“Wow, what do you have against him?” Ashley glances at me out of the corner of her eyes. “Oh geez, Laurel, don’t tell me you’re one of the groupies that went to spring training and hooked up with him!”

I swat her leg and laugh. “No! You really think I’d keep that kind of secret from you?”

“Ow!” She rubs her leg like I really hurt her. “You’d better not. If you hooked up with him, you had better give me all the details… and I mean all.”

I turn to face her. “Is your sex life that bad that you have to live vicariously through me?”

“Hell no! I’m just saying that if you ever got in bed with a baseball god like Jace Richards then I’d want a play by play. Don’t get me wrong, Kurtis and I have a hot sex life, but his body is nothing like that.” She nods to the field again and we both subconsciously sigh at the sight in front of us. 

“Duly noted, I’ll add that to our friendship pact. If I ever get laid by a baseball god, take notes and tell you.” Giggling, we pinky promise and watch the kids practice. We met in elementary school and some days, we still act like we’re still in fifth grade. 

After a few minutes, Ashley asks again, “So for real, what’s your beef with Jace Richards?”

I shrug. “Everything I’ve read about him says he’s a cheater. He cheated his team, he cheated the system, he cheated on that trainer he was dating…”

“Oh, so you hate him because your ex cheated on you?”

Jace winds up again, whizzing another ball past the batter. “You know what they say, once a cheater, always a cheater.”

Ashley lifts her eyebrow. “Well, haven’t you heard, don’t always believe everything you read?”

I bite the inside of my cheek. Ashley has a point, I don’t know this guy. Maybe the tabloids lied about him, maybe there’s more to his story. I sigh, maybe I should give him the benefit of the doubt. Then again, last time I gave a man the benefit of the doubt, I wound up divorced.



Amazon US | CA | Kobo


Lyssa Layne is first, and foremost, the proud momma to her precious daughter, AR. In addition to working full-time and being a mommy to AR, she is also an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan, a runner, blogger, and an infertility survivor.

Having watched one too many medical dramas and being inspired by author Rachelle Ayala, who introduced her to the world of indie writing, Lyssa decided to try her hand at writing a romance story. Her attempt turned into the Burning Lovesick series. You can find Lyssa's own interests throughout her stories although all stories are fictional.


 






No comments:

Post a Comment